meat Shop and Support
Telenovela-World
Help with server costs
Sponsor this forum

Donate for October 1
Gata Salvaje (6730 posts in 1996 threads)
Venevision 2002. USA (Univision) 2002. USA (Telefutura) Rerun 2010 & 2011.
carne
Telenovela-World
Latest messages
Forum Index
Archives

Go to the Main Forum/Foro Central or the Forum Forum/Foro del Foro
FORUM RULES: LINKS:
  1. Mark spoilers well
  2. No rude, abusive or foul language
  3. Treat one another with respect

Cast
News - Updated 2/29/04

Integrated Summaries I- USA 5/28/02-12/27/02
Integrated Summaries II - USA 12/27/02 - 2/28/03
Integrated Summaries III - USA 3/3/03 - 3/28/03
Integrated Summaries IV - USA 3/31/03 - 5/2/03
Integrated Summaries V - USA 5/5/03-5/20/03[FIN}

Daily English Translations:USA 1/13/03-1/28/03

Resúmenes de Chile (TVN) 1 - 191[FIN]

Univision Forum
Univision resúmenes diarios en español
Telenovelas-Internet Forum
International Movie Database Entry

First page of messages
Welcome to
Foro.Telenovela-World.Com!

Telenovela-World | Promote Your Page Too

Welcome Guest
List by date
Show Thumbnails (20% Wide) / Thumbnails (100 px high) / Images
Who's Online
28 now / 405 Max
  New Topic   |   Go to Top   |   Go to Topic   |   Search   |   Log In     Previous Message   |   Next Message  
 My Top 10 TELEVISA telenovelas (Revised)
Author: Tico (---)
Date:   06-03-03 03:22 PDT

If I had to make a list of the 10 best novelas of ALL TIME, including those produced in other countries, I definitely would list most of the Brazilian novelas made by RED GLOBO as well as some Colombian and Peruvian Telenovelas and a few from Mexico's TV AZTECA. However, i've decide to stick solely and exclusively with telenovelas made by Televisa in the last 25 years. Although I'm no longer enjoying most of Televisa's novelas (Most are bad remakes and the majority of novelas are mass produced and incoherent) there was a time when Televisa reigned as one of the best telenovela producers in the world and so here's my list for the top 10 TELEVISA novelas of the last two decades (approximately).

#10 Ramona A contemporary telenovela with a TRULY original story and excellent quallity of production. Wonderfully executed by the superb cast (Kate del Castillo, Helena Rojo, Eduardo Palomo) and exquisite in its production and detail.

#9 El Maleficio The first HORROR telenovela that deal with the subject of witchcraft and satanism. Excellent acting, great story and intriguing subject matter.

#8 Canaveral de Pasiones: The best telenovela produced by Humberto Zurita and Christian Back for televisa. The casting was A1, the story was remarkable and the twists and plot turns kept audiences mesmerized. The best novela of the 90's.

#7 La Venganza. (late 70's, televisa version, not to be confused with the crappy novela made by TELEMUNDO recently) This is the ORIGINAL AND EXCELLENT TELENOVELA that gave birth to two of the most succesful novelas of recent times "Marimar" and "Gata Salvaje" (Which are poor and horrible remakes of this great production). Helena Rojo, Enrique Lizalde and Beatris Sheridan were super in their roles.

#6 El Derecho de Nacer (1980's Version with Veronica Castro). Great adaptation of one of the most enduring telenovela classics. This was the novela that launched Ericka Buenfil and Laura Flores' career into orbit. Truly remarkable casting and quality of production. It's worth watching more than once. The remake produced by Televisa a few years ago (With Kate del Castillo and Saul Lizaso) chattered the storyline into pieces and turned it into a story about mafia and incestual obsession.

#5 Cuna de Lobos: Truly original, full of mistery and intrigue and definitely one of the most suspenseful novelas ever made. Thank God it hasn't been turned, YET, into a cheap remake like most of Televisa novelas these days....It's been aired several times in Mexico and Galavision had it all again a few years ago. If u get a chance to watch it for the first time...DO.....superb acting and this is the novela that turned Alejandro Camacho into the Villain of choice for other Televisa Productions.

#4 Soledad: Probably many people don't remember this novela but it was repeated twice by Univision a few years ago. This is the novela that catapulted the careers of Christian Back, Humberto Zurita and Salvador Pineda. It was later remade into "Bendita Mentira" (Angelica Maria, Ana Patricia Rojo) which actually wasn't so bad after all...but this novela was intense and definitely unique.

# 3 Viviana: The best Lucia Mendez Telenovela, back in the late 70's. Great CAst (Lucia Mendez, Hector Bonilla, Juan Pelaez, Maricruz Olivier, Sara Garcia) the novela that catapulted Lucia Mendez into Stardom. A groundbreaking novela that deal with prostitution and bigamy.......compare that to the horrible remake made a few years ago by TElevisa...."Camila" (Biby Gaitan and Eduardo Capetillo)

# 2 Tres Mujeres: I'll stick to the original 120 episodes that were completed before this novela aired in Mexico and the U.S.A. When the producers decided to extend in order to milk its huge ratings and popularity...this novela turned into a mess. Nevertheless....this was the first Televisa novela that dealt openly and very realistically with issues such as alcoholism, homosexuality, rape, and incest.

# 1 Los Ricos Tambien LLoran: A classic of classics....even thought it's been Rerun several times in several countries, it continues to be one of the most beloved telenovelas ever made. Its remake "Maria la del Barrio" ,with its ridiculous twists and poor acting, will NEVER match the wholesomeness that this novela embodied.

NOTE: I realize that many of these novelas haven't been repeated nor watched by many people, but they are DEFINITELY the ones that turned Telenovelas into an International phenomenon. I'm not even delving into classic telenovelas made in the 60's and 70's because many of them never made it to the U.S. and some of them are not even available to watch ever again. But as far as contemporary novelas goes (In the last 25 years or so) the ones I've mentioned are very well known by most telenovela followers and are true gems of the genre.

Honorable mentioning also goes to (In random order):

*El Angel Caido
*El Pecado de Oyuki
*Gabriel y Gabriela
*El Engano (its latest remake was "laberintos de Pasion" which was fairly ok but no match to the original)
*El Hogar que yo robe and its latest remake "La Intrusa"
*Luz Clarita (Much better than its earlier version "Chispita" with Lucero)
*Vivir un Poco (Its latest reincarnation "Para toda la vida" was a flop")
*Gotita de Gente (Turned into a horrible remake named "Gotita de Amor")
*La pasion de Isabela
*El Extrano Retorno de Diana Salazar (The last and third best TELEVISA novela made by Lucia Mendez)
*Rosa Salvaje
*Maria Mercedes (The only novela from the Thalia Trilogy that made some sense!)
*Monte Calvario
*Amigas y Rivales (Although it was absolutely absurd...this novela proved to be a delicious farse to watch and keep an eye on)
*El premio mayor (The first Televisa novela that portrayed poverty as a much better world than that of the rich and famous)
*Al filo de la muerte
*Lazos de Amor (LUCERO, LUCERO and LUCERO!!! Amazing triple performance, awesome ending, maybe too short, had lots of room to be extended).
*Teresa (Salma Hayek's first and last leading role in a TELEVISA TELENOVELA)
*Retrato de Familia
*Morelia (The first half, the rest was pathetic and very poorly produced) and yes, it was the first and last Televisa-produced telenovela made in the U.S.
*Al rojo vivo (whose latest version "El precio de tu amor" was no match for it)
*Marcha Nupcial (the original story that gave birth to "Marisol" of course without the horrible performance by Eduardo Santamarina and the insipid presence of Ericka Buenfil)
*Vanessa (The second best TELEVISA novela by Lucia Mendez)
*Alondra (Excellent acting, quality of production with an original and unpredictable story)
Reply To This Message
  Forum Index   |   Flat View     Newer Topic   |   Older Topic  
 Topics Author  Date

My Top 10 TELEVISA telenovelas (Revised)  new
Tico 06-03-03 03:22 PDT 
 Choices above  new
El Gato/Orion 06-03-03 21:32 PDT 
 Actually....  new
Tico 06-05-03 01:31 PDT 
 Re: My Top 10 TELEVISA telenovelas (Revised)  new
Mar 06-04-09 14:12 PDT 
melo84 01-08-10 18:00 PST 
farhana 04-30-10 19:52 PDT 
tina14 01-06-11 03:15 PST 
Moses C. Nandi 05-07-11 05:00 PDT 
Moses C. Nandi 05-07-11 05:17 PDT 

Translate this page into Spanish using FreeTranslation.com Translate this page into English using FreeTranslation.com

New Topic   |   Go to Top   |   Go to Topic   |   Search   |   Log In  
 Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:

Instructions - How to do fancy posts
Limited decoration is allowed in the message body. You can get bold, emphasized, or underlined text, and combinations of those effects. You can enter links or images.

Instructions:

[b]Bold[/b]
[i]Emphasized[/i]
[u]Underlined[/u]
[b][i]Bold emphasized[/i][/b]
[center]
Centered Text
[/center]
[quote]
Block of text to be quoted
[/quote]
[spoiler]
Block of text to be hidden from the casual reader
[/spoiler]

Links:
[img]http://URL of image[/img] gives
[url=http://phorum.org]phorum.org[/url] creates phorum.org
[email]email@address.com[/email] creates email@address.com
and finaly, tags can be combined:
[url=http://phorum.org][img]http://phorum.org/logo.gif[/img][/url] gives

For comments, suggestions, or complaints about the forums come to the Forum Forum
Para comentarios, sugerencias o quejas sobre los foros, entre al Foro del Foro

Shop at Amazon? Or Maybe Help out Telenovela-World and go there by way of these links.

phorum.org Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS! Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot
@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

(tw4 - Database time: 0.506 sec)