meat Shop and Support
Telenovela-World
Help with server costs
12 sponsors here!

Donate for October 1
A General Discussion of Asian Dramas (21467 posts in 4339 threads)
A place to decide what is next, discus what is good, debate what is fun about Asian Dramas
carne
Telenovela-World
Latest messages
Forum Index
Archives

Go to the Main Forum/Foro Central or the Forum Forum/Foro del Foro
FORUM RULES: LINKS:
  1. Mark spoilers well
  2. No rude, abusive or foul language
  3. Treat one another with respect

DramaWiki
Drama Fever (Korean + ?)
a collator site
YesAsia.com

First page of messages
Welcome to
Foro.Telenovela-World.Com!

Telenovela-World | Promote Your Page Too

Welcome Guest
List by date
Show Thumbnails (20% Wide) / Thumbnails (100 px high) / Images
Who's Online
34 now / 405 Max

New Topic   |   Go to Top   |   Go to Topic   |   Search   |   Log In     Newer Topic   |   Older Topic  
 Thru ep 6 of "EFHL" (no spoilers)
Author: tc (---)
Date:   07-10-11 14:33 PDT

I'm soooooo angry at the male lead! He's still so arrogant and mean, even though his tender moments are appearing more frequently. Still I can't figure out if what he's doing, and what he feels is real, or if it's just another means of meeting his objective? He's so handsome with his dimples and large feet, but so jaded! So instead of those mean layers really softening up more with each episode, as they should, he seems to get meaner and meaner.

I know that ultimately he doesn't have a chance against our spunky and genuine heroine, but quite honestly, the jerk doesn't deserve her at all!! I'm already in love with the second male lead, who should get the girl, because he really cares, even though he hasn't lived a stellar existence either. But those soulful and thoughtful looks of his just melt me. He's intense, but fun, and likes the real Fu An (Joe's character) not the one that that nutbush family is trying to manufacture. My, oh my! Unless our hero begins to really change, I'm going to be verily---verily!---disappointed that the heroine must end up with him!
Reply To This Message
  Forum Index   |   Threaded View     Newer Topic   |   Older Topic  

New Topic   |   Go to Top   |   Go to Topic   |   Search   |   Log In     Newer Topic   |   Older Topic  
 OMG, I want to watch this so bad!!
Author: Yolette (---)
Date:   07-10-11 15:58 PDT

I just love jerk heroes SO MUCH!! Haha, the worse they are at the outset, the more I enjoy it when they crash! And if there's begging and suffering later, all the better! It's "Pride & Prejudice" syndrome, I think!

Of course, if he doesn't get a worthy comeuppance by the end I'm sure I will be as upset as you!!!
Reply To This Message

I'm not there yet
Author: MariP (---)
Date:   07-10-11 17:33 PDT

because I had so much backlog to clear (4 BOF, 2 BFB-better-, 2 RT-very good-, plus some of the daily PAPML-love it- AND the weekend MLML-Camelia, Lee Pil Mo fireworks starting in today's episode 44). So I only managed ep 2 of EFHL today, but I'm with Yolette on this one: the more of a jerk the galan is, the better the crash, LOL! I do love Chen Quiao En, I repeat...

:-) Mari
Reply To This Message

just finished watching ep 40 of MLMF
Author: Camelia- (---)
Date:   07-10-11 19:32 PDT

aw what sweet moments there were..I so enjoyed both episodes..and the bonus was the romance between the youngest daughter and her newly improved ex..wow..what a difference the hair makes..he looks like a whole different person altogether..that wily grandma..lol! Lee Pil Mo..I could stare at his face all day..he doesn't have to say a darned thing to know what he's feeling and I love him in all stages..tortured or playful..equally dazzling..I'll bet that the fireworks are definitely on their way but I'm so glad that they managed to have their date too and forget just for a little while those obstacles that they face. And..predictably we had a farewell scene that couldn't help but take place. I'm going to miss the actor and those earlier scenes between them..it was so nice to see the tension buildup..but now it's all about working things out..don't know if I really want them worked out!

Camelia
Reply To This Message

MLMF: fireworks started
Date:   07-11-11 12:28 PDT

And the reaction is what I expected. Camelia, brace yourself, this is going to give us angst to the max for at least 10 episodes (which I think is too long, honestly, because they could resolve this in two or three at the most).

Hyejin/Director: a total wash and a waste of the actors' talents, in my view. Very disappointing.

Cheolsu/Myeonghui: yes, quite sweet, and he DOES look like a different person with the new hair, clothes, and body. I'm tempted to say he looks handsome! You'll like what you see with these two. And I'm not even sure the writers intended this or not. My hunch is probably not.

And our Woojin and Yunhui: what a great date that was, and finally (FINALLY!) a kiss. That Woo-jin isn't a coward, like I said before. That man goes all out for his girl! Oh, dear, wait till you see him suffer. It's heartwrenching! And LPM does it so well... I love the man! And dang! they changed his hairstyle again to the bowl. He looked so dashing with the long wisps, don't you agree?

Reply To This Message

I loved his long wisps too..
Date:   07-12-11 08:12 PDT

I was ok with his short style but what next?? Wish they'd stop doing that..lol...isn't it wonderful that they got to share a lovely evening..putting all their cares behind them if only for a little while? And that long anticipated kiss was heartbreaking in a way..more than the usual considering the obstacles in their path. At times he reminds me of a cocky rooster..striding around the chicken coop..keeping an eye on this particular hen..also appreciated how sensitive he was in letting down his friend too..and didn't he look amazing in that green jacket?? I'll have to brace myself for future angst and fireworks..I'm SOOO tempted to watch ahead but am restraining myself.

And..who would have thought that a hairstyle could so completely change a person? Cheolsu looks like a new person..his clothes..his new confidence..love..love it. I also enjoyed how he put her in her place and made her suffer a bit before forgiving her. He looks really good and at moments I've had to ask myself why I ever thought he wasn't good looking? But you know what I also truly love (besides his new look?). I love discovering the man inside that was hidden till now..he's like a Renaissance man..has so many interests (music, ballet etc) that we would never have guessed and it almost seems to be that he is way above this young, immature girl..if she doesn't grow up soon..I'll be thinking that he deserves to be with someone much better than she will ever be!

I'm so disappointed in the Hyejin storyline..hers was the story that got me to watch this one in the first place..it seemed so intriguing..his passion for her..her obvious misfit relationship and misfit life..the tension between them..all so painful and interesting to watch..but now she's returned to her "prison"..and it's not to say that a lovely home with caring family is bad..it's heaven most of the time..but in her case it feels like she's a wounded little bird whose wings have been clipped by her husband..doomed to hop between the role of obedient daughter-in-law and wife and mother..starving for intellectual stimulation..wasting the talent and the training that is within her..it's a sad state of affairs which can only doom her into severe unhappiness and yes..this time..much resentment. I can't imagine how this will end happily in any way..

Camelia
Reply To This Message

A cocky rooster, lol!
Date:   07-12-11 11:16 PDT

I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right in how a rooster would protect his hen and also preen, to boot, as Woo-jin does.

Cheolsu looks like a whole different person, doesn't he? And he looks so dashing in the shades in that sports car! Myeonghui's a lucky girl. But yes, she's a ditz and maybe he needed someone that's more mature. But she's his girl, alas, and he does love her (you remember that at first he was interested in Yunhui, and our Woo-jin nixed that immediately, lol!).

I don't know how they will resolve the Hyejin matter. Probably it will be a very Korean way, which for us will be a great disappointment for the very reasons you expose. She chose to go back to that "prison" so that tells me that she really didn't fall in love with the director. But what about her art and painting, all that she's about? Sheeesh!!

If you watch ahead, it will have to be raw because only the paid kbsworldi new site (mvibo) has subtitles. I've watched ahead, that's how I know how many episodes will take us through this trial by fire (too many, like I said before). Onto next weekend...! Oh, wait, I'll have to DVR it because I'll be traveling and taking a "how to use drama/film clips to teach cultural issues" seminar all weekend.

Reply To This Message

was it really a choice though???
Date:   07-12-11 11:32 PDT

I have my doubts..what was it that she really could choose? To fly away with a man whom she hasn't at any time professed to have any romantic feelings for and become a "fallen" woman? Stay at her family's home..living in humiliation for herself and her family.. playing the role of rejected wife or a mother who would abandon her own child? She is caught between a rock and a hard place -btw..I firmly believe that the writers drew the line at damaging her character which is why they didn't allow any feelings on her side to be seen - they wanted her to be a victim of sorts..innocent object of his desire..perhaps it was the only way to redeem her with the korean audience? She is duty bound by social conventions to return home but I'm so glad that she at least let him know how she really felt. The whole family might be none the wiser (except for Dad) but finally she doesn't have to pretend with him while they're alone..something positive?? I hope so..for her sake..now on to the scolding from her mother-in-law..but wait..she's sick..and I've been watching enough of these dramas to know that it's not a simple flu..lol..

Camelia
Reply To This Message

Choice or not, (very slight spoilers)
Date:   07-12-11 13:27 PDT

I don't know. And she's not only bound by the social conventions which she doesn't have the mettle (as per the writers' desire) to defy, but she also loves her kid. I think that's a major reason why they chose this route for her. You can see in almost every Korean drama that a woman who abandons her child is "less than an animal." Interestingly enough, I've never seen the same treatment in J-dramas (remember our Halu?).

I think that the Korean POV here would be, "You made your bed, now learn to lie in it." She did marry Donghun all those years ago knowing full well that she didn't love him but was grateful to him for taking her away from that hellhole of a house. Now she has to pay him back. I guess she will just learn to love him. Dang, what a waste of good drama material and actors' talents, especially when Lee Sang-gu excels at difficult roles. Why put him there if they were just going to toy with this? But I keep repeating myself, lol!

And yes, the mother-in-law will be very ill and that fact, surprisingly enough, will help Woo-jin and Yunhui somewhat.

Reply To This Message

I had to skip some eps
Date:   07-11-11 12:12 PDT

because they're on YouTube and the account it was under was terminated due to copyright infringement. I've been seeing this a lot lately for Korean and Japanese dramas, but this is the first time I see it for a Taiwanese. And I thought the Chinese were the kings of copyright infringement! TC, are you watching from a DVD?

Interesting episode 9, I must say. Those Angel of Death wings are very becoming... This is one drama where they've keep the comedic touches to a minimum, just to make it interesting, and for once haven't gone too OTT, as the Taiwanese tend to do. But that aside, I was trying to think of where I had seen Blue Lan before, but then thought that he reminded me of someone. I was wracking my brains during the whole episode trying to remember when I hit upon it during the last segment. He looks so much like Japanese actor Kitamura Kazuki that they could be brothers! Take a look:

and Blue Lan:

Amazing!

:-)Mari
Reply To This Message

Re: I had to skip some eps (spoilers included)
Author: tc (---)
Date:   07-11-11 13:21 PDT

I am watching it on dvd Mari. I was also pretty fascinated by the "dark wings," but Da Fong comes from a dark place, so they're very appropriate for his character. He is quite like the man that his grandfather was, but I don't find Da Fong to be the coward that his grandfather was. I mean, he made a promise, and had a woman wait for him for 60 yrs, when he had no intention of returning. I wonder how Fu An would feel about him if she knew that fact? He obviously must've felt something deep? for Fu An's grandmother, or he wouldn't be trying so hard to make retribution. Still that whole wacky family of his, is a product of his harsh pov, and inability to nuture them.

Fu An is such a ray of sunlight though, and her little brother is cute, even though I've come across much better child actors than him. Still, he's doing his job.......

And wow! Yes, those two really do favor! Maybe papa was a rolling stone? LOL, just kidding! :-)
Reply To This Message

the important question is whether he has the dimples
Author: vnm4flan (---)
Date:   07-12-11 15:49 PDT

I did not realize it until I watched this drama but I am a goner for the dimples. Da Fong and Yan Yang both have the most adorable dimples when they smile.

So when I watched Down with Love after this, I was so enjoying Jerry's dimples :-).

Cheers,

Vanessa
Reply To This Message

He does!
Date:   07-12-11 17:54 PDT

And I'm a dimple gal as well, lol! Who knows if this rolling stone went to Japan earlier (because Kitamura-san is a bit older than Blue Lan, although he doesn't look it). They're both adorable, and so is Yan Yang (and I don't think he's particularly good-looking but he does have magic!).

Reply To This Message

Translate this page into Spanish using FreeTranslation.com Translate this page into English using FreeTranslation.com

New Topic   |   Go to Top   |   Go to Topic   |   Search   |   Log In  
 Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:

Instructions - How to do fancy posts
Limited decoration is allowed in the message body. You can get bold, emphasized, or underlined text, and combinations of those effects. You can enter links or images.

Instructions:

[b]Bold[/b]
[i]Emphasized[/i]
[u]Underlined[/u]
[b][i]Bold emphasized[/i][/b]
[center]
Centered Text
[/center]
[quote]
Block of text to be quoted
[/quote]
[spoiler]
Block of text to be hidden from the casual reader
[/spoiler]

Links:
[img]http://URL of image[/img] gives
[url=http://phorum.org]phorum.org[/url] creates phorum.org
[email]email@address.com[/email] creates email@address.com
and finaly, tags can be combined:
[url=http://phorum.org][img]http://phorum.org/logo.gif[/img][/url] gives

For comments, suggestions, or complaints about the forums come to the Forum Forum
Para comentarios, sugerencias o quejas sobre los foros, entre al Foro del Foro

Shop at Amazon? Or Maybe Help out Telenovela-World and go there by way of these links.

phorum.org Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS! Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot
@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam

(tw4 - Database time: 5.027 sec)